Hair loss can occur due to various factors such as genetic structure, inadequate nutrition, stress and sorrow. It is considered normal up to an average of 60 – 100 hair strands per day. However, more than that will cause problems like sparseness and baldness in the future. Hair transplant is a surgical operation which ensures permanent solution for the hair loss caused of these problems. It is applied by transplanting healthy hair follicles to areas with hair loss. During the hair transplant, methods such as FUE method and DHI hair transplants are used.
What You Should Be Careful About for a Successful Hair Transplant
There are things you should do before and after the operation for successful hair transplant.
Before Hair Transplant
- Approximately 8 – 10 days before the operation, you must quit drinking alcohol completely.
- You should not apply chemical products to the hair before the operation.
- Hair must be clean.
- You should not consume caffeine before the operation.
- You should not smoke before the operation.
- You should not use blood thinners before and after the operation.
After Hair Transplant
After the hair transplant, the hair should be washed regularly. The first wash is done by our specialist doctors in our clinic. Later, the patient should wash his/her hair once a day. After the first wash, our specialist doctors give special lotions and shampoos to the patients. These products should be used according to their descriptions. During the wash, the patient should be gentle while applying the products to the transplanted area.
- The area, where permanent hair transplant is performed, should be protected from the sun after the operation.
- After the wash, hair dryer should not be close to the transplanted area.
- Your hair will grow in a month after the hair transplant, but they will fall out in a short time. However, this is pretty normal; it indicates that the operation was successful. In a short time, the permanent hair will start to grow. During the process, the patient should not worry and keep his/her morale high.
How is the Recovery Process After Hair Transplant?
After the operation, the patient rests for a while. Then, the transplanted area is checked; necessary dressings are made and the bandage is removed. During the process, it is pretty normal to have scabs in the transplanted area. If you wash your hair as described by our doctors, the scabs will fall off in ten days. The skin will be completely healed in the maximum two weeks.
The first hair to grow is weak and they fall out in a short time. In a few months after the hair transplant, new and permanent hair will begin to grow and the healing process will be completed.
What Should You Do for a Successful Hair Transplant?
The operation must be performed by specialists in the field for the permanent hair transplant operation to be successful, and the patient should take the recommendations of our doctors.
The patient should take a shower before coming to our clinic, and afterwards the operation, he/she should not wash the transplanted area more than necessary. Before the operation, the patient should be examined by our specialist doctors and carefully listen to the information they give. You can visit our clinic to have a permanent hair transplant operation successfully and get natural looking hair.