Beard is an essential element for most men – popularly known as men’s makeup. Every man dreams of having well-groomed and strong beards. However, depending on conditions such as genetic factors and hormone changes, some men may have facial hair loss. The medical name of this condition is alopecia areata. It can cause all body hair to begin fall off, starting with the beard. Spot baldness can lead to the loss of all beards if it is not treated.
Causes of Spot Baldness
Some of the changes in our daily life can be listed as the causes of spot baldness. As you know, stress is the cause of most disorders. Although the reason for the spot baldness is not fully known by experts, stress and other environmental factors can cause this problem. Some causes of the spot baldness are:
- Imbalanced diet and inadequate protein intake
- Thyroid Disorders
- Heart and liver disorders
- Stress and sudden emotional changes
- Medicines used for some diseases
- Depression and anxiety
Spot Baldness Treatment
Spot baldness is a condition that lowers the quality of life for many men today. It needs to be treated as it aesthetically affects the image of the person. In some patients, spot baldness can affect the hair and cause sudden hair fall. Especially, commonly known false fact is the thought that shaving the beard will reduce the spot baldness. However, it may cause the spot baldness to impact other areas and trigger hair loss. Thus, patients who experience the spot baldness must consult a specialist doctor in their field. Some treatment methods for the spot baldness are:
- Garlic: It is known that garlic is used as a remedy for most diseases. For the spot baldness treatment, cut the garlic into two and apply it to the skin. After waiting for half an hour, wash it with cold water. Garlic contains vitamins nourishing the hair follicles and makes it look more voluminous. This application nourishes the beard but does not offer an exact and permanent solution.
- Aloe Vera: The plant Aloe Vera accelerates blood circulation in the body, nourishes the hair roots. It can work at the beginning of the spot baldness. Cut the leaves of the Aloe Vera and apply the gel to the areas with the spot baldness. After half an hour, wash with cold water. However, this is a short-term solution and may not end the spot baldness.
Beard Transplant for the Spot Baldness
Beard transplant is a permanent and exact solution for the spot baldness treatment. It does not damage the skin. In beard transplants, a donor area is determined in the patient’s body, and healthy hair follicles from this area are transplanted into the patient’s beard. Local anesthesia is applied to the patient before the beard transplant. Thus, the patient does not feel any pain during the operation. Beard transplant does not leave any scar or stitch mark on the patient’s body. Accordingly, it is a preferred operation for men who have the spot baldness problem.