Today, one of the permanent solutions for hair sparseness is the hair transplant operation. Following the baldness problem becoming widespread, hair transplant has been one of frequently performed operations in Turkey. The most important factor for a patient who wants to have the hair transplant is getting his/her old natural hair back. Otherwise, the patient will not be satisfied with the hair transplant operation, since the result will be unnatural.
Therefore, hair transplant must be done by doctors and nurses, who are experts in the field, in a sterile clinic. Before the operation, local anesthesia should be applied to the patient. Then, hair density of the patient and the number of required hair follicles for the areas with sparseness should be determined.
Planning of Hair Transplant
The most important matters while planning hair transplant are: the width of the hair sparseness of the patient, the structure of the hair, the face shape of the patient and the density of the hair in the donor area.
Hair Structure: Since the hair structure of every person is different, it affects the hair transplant operation. For example, for a patient with fine hair, the sparseness is more difficult to close. Therefore, the number of required hair follicles must be determined correctly while planning hair transplant. If not, the patient can not get his/her old, natural hair.
Sparse Area: Another important matter while planning hair transplant is the sparse area. The density and the width of the sparse area must be analyzed well. Then, the number of required hair follicles must be determined while planning hair transplant.
Donor Area: While plan hair transplant, hair density in the donor area must also be taken into consideration. The denser the hair follicles in the donor area, the more likely the operation will be successful, according to the wishes of the patient.
Stages of Planning Hair Transplant
- Firstly, a hair analysis is performed before planning the hair transplant.
- During the hair analysis, the patient’s hair structure and baldness rate are examined.
- Secondly, according to the patient’s hair structure, how many hair follicles will be collected and how they will be transplanted to the patient are determined.
- Thirdly, the front line of the hair is determined according to the patient’s hair structure. Thus, planning the hair transplant is completed. The patient is given the necessary details and preparations for the operation are started.
How is Hair Transplant Applied?
- After planning the hair transplant, the patient is taken to the operation room.
- Necessary blood tests are done.
- Local anesthesia is applied to the patient so that he/she does not feel any pain during the operation.
- The required amount of hair follicles is extracted from the donor area.
- The collected hair follicles are separated and the required ones are prepared for the hair transplant.
- Local anesthesia is applied to the recipient area.
- Hair follicles, which are made ready for the transplant, are transplanted in the channels opened in the sparse areas.
- Hair transplant operation is completed and the patient is discharged one day after the operation.
- In order for the entire process to be in comfort, the operation must be done by expert doctors in the field. Because inexperienced doctors can ruin all your dreams. Therefore, the doctor and the clinic that will perform the operation should be searched carefully, before the hair transplant. You can contact us, if you want to get more information about hair transplant operation and view the references of our specialist doctors.