It is quite normal for patients to have redness and scabs in the transplanted area after a hair transplant. These scabs begin to soften with the first hair wash, a few days after the operation. However, during the process, some patients may feel discomfort because of the redness and scabs they have on their scalp, thinking they give the patient a bad look. In such cases, our specialists recommend hat use after the hair transplant. Whether you feel uncomfortable because of the scabs or not, you can wear hat to protect the transplanted area from the sun and external factors.
Healing Process after the Hair Transplant
After hair transplant operations, the healing process starts after the first hair wash and takes about a week. In the first week, the transplanted hair follicles are still delicate and need time, so our specialists do not recommend wearing a hat during this time. Hats may be too tight and they can move the transplanted hair follicles, causing the operation to fail.
After the transplanted hair follicles are integrated with the scalp, the patient can start wearing a hat. Although this process varies from person to person, it takes about a week. However, wearing hat is recommended to guarantee the success of the hair transplant, a few weeks after the operation of course.
Choosing the Right Hat
Choosing the right hat after the hair transplant is a factor which will increase the success of the operation. There are some things you should take into consideration:
- The hat should be soft and in a size that will not damage the transplanted hair follicles.
- You should avoid wearing tight hats. Go for the comfortable and big ones.
- While choosing a hat, you should go for the ones covering the transplanted area completely.
Advantages of Wearing Hat after the Hair Transplant
- After the hair transplant operation, the patient can return to his/her daily life. However, during the process, the transplanted area must be protected against both the sunlight and external factors. At this point, wearing a hat will make it easier to protect the transplanted area.
- Hat use after the hair transplant operation protects the transplanted area against adverse weather conditions, such as raining and snow.
- It reduces the risk of getting infection due to factors such as bacteria and dust.
- It hides the redness and scabs on the scalp after the hair transplant.