What is DHI Hair Transplant?
DHI is the abbreviation of Direct Hair Implant. This method is not different from FUE method. This is an advanced method. This method requires Choi pens for implementation process.
In DHI hair transplant hair roots are harvested by a special method. It is a method that does not require suture and incision. In this way, wound formation is prevented in the harvesting area.
The necessity of the DHI hair transplant method is the use of a special pen. This pen also called “implanter”. This method provides the best solution without using a scalpel.
How the process Works?
In DHI method the grafts are usually harvested one by one. Because of that the harvesting process is a little bit longer than FUE. As a result of the harvesting process, the existing hair follicles do not get damaged and provide a natural look when implanted. DHI hair transplant method is a worldwide popular method.
If there are too many shedding in the planned harvested area the hair follicles can be harvested in other body parts.
During the operation the surgeons use disposable implanters. This is a hygienic hair transplantation method.
DHI hair transplant is a method performed under local anesthesia; the harvested follicles are implemented one by one. Thanks to implanter each follicle can be placed in specific direction in the hair line area. There is no need to create holes or slits before the operation. Implanter is the only tool that must be used during the operation.
DHI is a very moliminous and long process than FUE method. During the process, doctors must be very careful and meticulous.
The Healing Process
After the DHI hair transplant operation, crusting time lasts 5 or 6 days. Since there is no channel openings during the operation this process is very short compared to the other hair transplant methods.
After 2 weeks of the operation the shedding process began, and after 3 months the new hair starts to grow.
- There is no need to shave the head.
- Hair roots are implanted in 1 – 2 minutes. There is no need to wait.
- The likelihood of damage to hair follicles is very low.
- The risk of bleeding is minimized.
- Thanks to the implanter hair follicles can be implemented more easily and more intensely.
- Since the patient is under local anesthesia, he/she will be awake during the operation.
- This method is suitable for men and women.
- This method takes longer than other methods.
- This method is very costly because it requires special tools.
- DHI hair transplant process can take up to 2 days.
Thanks to the innovative DHI hair transplant method the operation process is painless and indolent for the patient. With the fast healing process DHI is the most preferred hair transplant method.
The innovative Choi pens offers comfort and pleasure to the patients.